Welcome to the Official Damage Inc. Website!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Official Damage Inc. Website!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KARA EXPECTATIONS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lwuajiro
Basic User
Basic User

Male
Number of posts : 23
Hobbies : World Of Warcraft
KARA EXPECTATIONS Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100KARA EXPECTATIONS Right_bar_bleue

Who do you Play? : lwuajiro
Registration date : 2008-03-27

KARA EXPECTATIONS Empty
PostSubject: KARA EXPECTATIONS   KARA EXPECTATIONS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:33 am

KARA EXPECTATIONS

So you finally made it to level 70, congratulations! And welcome to the end game part of WOW where fun is multiplied by ten fold and so is the cost of your repair bills.

Many of my guild “compadres” are under the impression that just because they hit level 70 they automatically have the right to be on a Kara run and get upset when they don’t get in.

Let me explain something real quick: IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!

To keep it simple I will just say that a lot of work needs to be done (on your part) to be able to make to Kara or “in” Kara. First of all, you need gear and good gear. Wearing green gear in Kara is “suicide” not only for you, but for the entire raid. Gear is so important when you reach end game status (level 70 for now) that it makes the difference between succeeding and dying in a raid.

Many players choose to get PVP gear so they get what they consider good epics and get better stats as they increase their performance and protection, but if you are like me that don’t really care for PVP, that option is useless. Gear can also be obtained by running heroic instances (what most players do) Instances is always good for several reasons. You learn how to run in a group and get well acquainted with the process, but it also helps you discover the strengths and weakness of other classes as well as players which is crucial when running upper level dungeons. Not surprisingly it will get you more gold (for repairs) and gear. Obviously higher end and more difficult instances yield better loot (gear).

Also as a by-product of heroic instances, you get badges. Badges are use to acquire gear and items not available by any other means and for those of you who don’t know, badge gear is compared (and many times better) than T5 gear.

Another point I’d like to bring up is the simple fact that the mix of players is not to par in our guild (at least not yet) To date we have 2 tanks and one in the process of getting geared to run higher level dungeons. That put a huge burden on the Tanks because Kara can only be run once every seven days. For sure we would be running more than one group a week if we had the right personnel.

I know how frustrating is to get in a pug group and many times is more trouble than is worth, but if you have the opportunity to run an instance (any instance) instead of sitting around complaining, well, the choice is yours.

As a final thought I will leave this. Many of our guild members have been part of another guild at one time or another and the opinions and experiences go from one end of the spectrum to the other one . Here in Damage Inc. having fun is a top priority and we’ll continue to strive to have fun. Compare your experience here with that of the other places you have been in the past, and then make your decision. How much fun you have while playing WOW is entirely up to you!

Shut up and run back to your body and resurrect!

LWUAJIRO
Main Tank
Back to top Go down
Lionos
New User
New User

Male
Number of posts : 5
Hobbies : Driving (wasting gas ;), playing guitar, and of course WoW
KARA EXPECTATIONS Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100KARA EXPECTATIONS Right_bar_bleue

Who do you Play? : Lionos, Icyblue
Registration date : 2008-08-02

KARA EXPECTATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARA EXPECTATIONS   KARA EXPECTATIONS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:48 am

Well put, to bad only the main crew who already have what they want and need from kara read the forums Wink
Back to top Go down
evimoon
evimoon

Female
Number of posts : 95
Hobbies : WoW, WoW, and WoW
KARA EXPECTATIONS Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100KARA EXPECTATIONS Right_bar_bleue

Who do you Play? : Evimoon (of course), Killerkow, Bludmoon, and a couple banks
Registration date : 2008-03-26

KARA EXPECTATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARA EXPECTATIONS   KARA EXPECTATIONS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:31 am

Very well said! Good
Back to top Go down
drrava
Basic User
Basic User

Number of posts : 32
KARA EXPECTATIONS Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100KARA EXPECTATIONS Right_bar_bleue

Who do you Play? : Drrava
Registration date : 2008-04-14

KARA EXPECTATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARA EXPECTATIONS   KARA EXPECTATIONS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:49 am

Ok, what should i do to get gear, then ?

a) rep items - reach exalted to your favorite faction: Melee DPS go for consortium / mag'ar. Defender / Healer, Go for Lower City/Cenarion. Caster dps, go for shatar/thrallmar. Your Exalted items will be good enough to put you into combat conditions.

b) Crafted items: There are 3 piece blue items at level 70 for blacksmithin, leatherworking and tailoring. They are NOT hard to get. They are not "LEET LEWT" but they can fill in any gaps that the previous have not.

Take a look at kharazan post in wowwiki:

Healers should be around 6.5k hp, +750heals, +125mp5 casting
DPSrs should be around 7khp, 8k mana, + 600 dam, +100mp5 casting
Tanks should be uncrittable (defense skill + defense rating from items = 490 / 420 for druids)
Melee dps should be around 700 ap
Back to top Go down
http://ravaepri.multiply.com
Sponsored content

KARA EXPECTATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARA EXPECTATIONS   KARA EXPECTATIONS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KARA EXPECTATIONS
Page 1 of 1